- This event has passed.
Weavers Trail: Olasingh
The rustic village of Olasingh is just 70kms from the busy capital city of Bhubaneswar & is slowing getting its place secured in the tourism circuit. For ages, Olasingh has been providing Khandua Patta cloth to Sri Jagannath (Puri) for its rituals, woven with love by the talented weavers community of Olasingh. Participants will have an opportunity to walk around the by-lanes & enjoy the village walks, watch the simple way of life while passing through the kachha streets, ponds & paddy fields.
Tour Date: 26th Feb 2023 (Sunday)
Pickup Point: TTD Kalyan Mandap, Jaydev Vihar Sq, Bhubaneswar
Report By: 6.15AM
Duration: 12 hours (6.30 AM – 06.30 PM)
Distance to be covered: Around 100 km & back
Charges per head: For charges, plz get in touch with us via whatsapp # 09861288166 & mail at email@example.com . Our charges are inclusive of cab rentals, guide fees, veg breakfast, veg lunch, one water bottle, toll/entry/parking fees & tea at evening but excluding camera entry fees, any personal expenses by participants etc. In case of any additional & incidental group expenses at sites, it shall be collectively borne by the participants.
For registration, click http://aitiha.com/event-registration/
Sites to touch:
- Ramanidhi Temple at Rameswar village on the Old Jagannath Sadak connecting Khordha with Puri. Its built by the Eastern Ganga dynasty during 13th century in Kalingan architecture. The sacred river Mandakini (Maluguni) flows nearby.
- Raj-Ranpur or simply Ranpur in Nayagarh district is famous for its 15th century Jagannath Temple. The town is 68 kms from Bhubaneswar & situated at the foothills of the picturesque Maninaga hills.
- Raj-Ranpur is an ex-princely state of Odisha & its 18th century rajbati, adjacent to the Jagannath Temple can be viewed from outside the premise gate since it’s a private property.
- The ride to the Maninaga hilltop is itself an adventurous one & if ghat road is okay, one can have the darshan of Maa Khilamunda on the hilltop.
- Olasingh – Visit Olasingh textile village in the 1st half to experience the process of making a fabric from spinning, reeling & weaving in traditional tanti (weavers community) style in non-mechanised method. Go on a village walks on the kachha streets of Olasingh to have a glimpse of the simple village lifestyle. Have a look at the traditional architecture of the eco-friendly thatched houses & the few grand houses & village heritage temples. Also, watch the female folks carrying out pattachitra work on tassar sarees.
Imp Notice: Those are planning to join the day tour from outside Bhubaneswar are requested to be on time beforehand to avoid getting missed out. Those travelling overnight via local bus/train are requested to reach 01 hour before the scheduled time at pickup point. It’s always better to reach & stay overnight at Bhubaneswar before the tour starts. Remember, the tour won’t stop or be delayed in order to accommodate you in case you are late beyond the grace time of 15 min.
To know further about Ranpur, please browse through this informative blog article.. http://bbsrpulse.com/2018/08/ranpur-the-dwitiya-srikshetra/
Guidelines for this tour –
We shall move in a standard AC vehicle on sharing basis for the tour. However, if any participant wishes, he/she can opt for ‘Bring Your Own Vehicle‘ (BYOV) option at their own cost, but need to follow the pilot vehicle of Team Aitiha. Participants are required to use face mask, carry their sanitizer & maintain social distancing at public places.
Our usual route shall be through Jaydev Vihar Sq>> Khordha>>Jankia >> Rameswar>>Olasingh>>Chhanagiri>>Raj-Ranpur Jagannath Temple >>Ranpur hilltop
Wear comfortable clothes as per climate with easy to remove footwear. Please carry your essentials with you which may include any medicine, umbrella/cap & others. Since breakfast & lunch shall be standard veg food as available locally en-route, participants who wish can carry their own veg food. Please respect the rules of places of worship, respect the locals & act accordingly. Keep your mobile in silent mode wherever needed. Photography may not be allowed inside Jagannath Temple complex. Please seek permission before trying it.
In case of any further queries, you may contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp us at 9861288166